Yung Joc is hoping the third single will be the charm as he continues to try to boost the slumping sales of Hustlenomics’. On Im A G Joc declares that he’s “the seventh letter of the alphabet” (you know your ABC’s, right?) and for credibility enlists a child (see Coffee Shop) to help him out. Assisting the spelling lesson is fellow Atlanta resident Young Dro and recently bereaved MC Bun B, both of “G” status. Block Ent.‘s in-house beat maker Chris Flame adds to the pseudo-educational catchiness by providing a beat that will be stuck in your head for days. If DJ Khaled can get I’m So Hood into Billboard’s Top 20 five months after the release of We The Best, who says Joc can’t do the same?
Written by Burmy on 12/5/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Buy You A Drink (Shawty Snappin')" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.