While parents of young children will be nodding their heads to Yung Joc‘s street single Coffee Shop during their morning carpool run, their well educated children will be shaking their collective heads in opposition. Although Starbucks will see increased sales from its consumers who listen to urban radio, the message behind the nursery-rhyme like jam is anything but juvenile; unless you fail to recognize the coffee shop as a front for illegal drug store. Hidden messages aside, this joint is ultra-catchy and should spark an ultra-creative music video. More cream please!
Written by DJ Z on 04/11/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Buy You A Drink (Shawty Snappin')" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)