While parents of young children will be nodding their heads to Yung Joc‘s street single Coffee Shop during their morning carpool run, their well educated children will be shaking their collective heads in opposition. Although Starbucks will see increased sales from its consumers who listen to urban radio, the message behind the nursery-rhyme like jam is anything but juvenile; unless you fail to recognize the coffee shop as a front for illegal drug store. Hidden messages aside, this joint is ultra-catchy and should spark an ultra-creative music video. More cream please!
Written by DJ Z on 04/10/07
Swagg Team Ent/Polo Grounds
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Buy You A Drink (Shawty Snappin')" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.