While parents of young children will be nodding their heads to Yung Joc‘s street single Coffee Shop during their morning carpool run, their well educated children will be shaking their collective heads in opposition. Although Starbucks will see increased sales from its consumers who listen to urban radio, the message behind the nursery-rhyme like jam is anything but juvenile; unless you fail to recognize the coffee shop as a front for illegal drug store. Hidden messages aside, this joint is ultra-catchy and should spark an ultra-creative music video. More cream please!
Written by DJ Z on 04/11/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Buy You A Drink (Shawty Snappin')" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.