Way back in the day, Americans caught wind of the French-rooted word, beaucoup. The adjective, which is defined as “an abundance of; galore,” was passed around like the secret word in the children’s game telephone and eventually became “Bookoo.” Often used before the word “bucks,” the expression has widely been heard in reference to how much something costs. Always known to embrace pop culture in his raps, Bad Boy/Block Entertainment artist Yung Joc has scooped up the word and theme for a possible buzz single off his forthcoming third studio album, tentatively titled Mr. Robinson’s Neighborhood. While Joc’s last album did not sell bookoo copies (see how that works?), maybe the third time is the charm for the playful rapper.
Written by DJ Z on 06/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Buy You A Drink (Shawty Snappin')" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)