Way back in the day, Americans caught wind of the French-rooted word, beaucoup. The adjective, which is defined as “an abundance of; galore,” was passed around like the secret word in the children’s game telephone and eventually became “Bookoo.” Often used before the word “bucks,” the expression has widely been heard in reference to how much something costs. Always known to embrace pop culture in his raps, Bad Boy/Block Entertainment artist Yung Joc has scooped up the word and theme for a possible buzz single off his forthcoming third studio album, tentatively titled Mr. Robinson’s Neighborhood. While Joc’s last album did not sell bookoo copies (see how that works?), maybe the third time is the charm for the playful rapper.
Listen to More: Yung Joc
Written by DJ Z on 06/9/08
Swagg Team Ent/Polo Grounds
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Buy You A Drink (Shawty Snappin')" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.