Way back in the day, Americans caught wind of the French-rooted word, beaucoup. The adjective, which is defined as “an abundance of; galore,” was passed around like the secret word in the children’s game telephone and eventually became “Bookoo.” Often used before the word “bucks,” the expression has widely been heard in reference to how much something costs. Always known to embrace pop culture in his raps, Bad Boy/Block Entertainment artist Yung Joc has scooped up the word and theme for a possible buzz single off his forthcoming third studio album, tentatively titled Mr. Robinson’s Neighborhood. While Joc’s last album did not sell bookoo copies (see how that works?), maybe the third time is the charm for the playful rapper.
Listen to More: Yung Joc Written by DJ Z
Swagg Team Ent/Polo Grounds
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Buy You A Drink (Shawty Snappin')" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.