Though Yung Brodee‘s first feature, What He On, earned unanimously positive reviews when it hit the Booth back in September of 2009, we haven’t heard from him since. If you were wondering what the West Coast emcee’s been up to, wonder no longer; Brodee’s back to remind us he’s still alive and kicking with Good Die Young, an album leak which finds him returning to the streets where he spent his formative years. Over the street-ready synths and handclap percussion of beatsmith Cozmo, he paints a lyrical portrait of a ‘hood where gang crime is endemic and “...you’re lucky if you make it to the age of 21.” Through all the hardships, though, his will to succeed never faded: “I was told time’s never waitin’, so I gotta get it like I got no patience.” Fans can expect plenty more 100 Percent Authentic, street-certified hip-hop on Brodee’s forthcoming full-length, set to drop sometime in April. In addition, watch for the up-and-comer to step into the Booth with an exclusive freestyle in the near future!
Listen to More: Yung Brodee
Written by richard on 02/15/10
Submit your Rating
Fly Money Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What He On" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.