Though Yung Brodee‘s first feature, What He On, earned unanimously positive reviews when it hit the Booth back in September of 2009, we haven’t heard from him since. If you were wondering what the West Coast emcee’s been up to, wonder no longer; Brodee’s back to remind us he’s still alive and kicking with Good Die Young, an album leak which finds him returning to the streets where he spent his formative years. Over the street-ready synths and handclap percussion of beatsmith Cozmo, he paints a lyrical portrait of a ‘hood where gang crime is endemic and “...you’re lucky if you make it to the age of 21.” Through all the hardships, though, his will to succeed never faded: “I was told time’s never waitin’, so I gotta get it like I got no patience.” Fans can expect plenty more 100 Percent Authentic, street-certified hip-hop on Brodee’s forthcoming full-length, set to drop sometime in April. In addition, watch for the up-and-comer to step into the Booth with an exclusive freestyle in the near future!
Written by richard on 02/15/10
Submit your Rating
Fly Money Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What He On" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.