Often, the people who are most clear-sighted in normal circumstances turn to suckers when love enters the picture. Not Yuna. Having expressed her determination to stay true to herself and follow her dreams on January 2012 Booth debut Live Your Life, the Malaysian singer/songwriter sticks to her guns on her latest LP single, which finds her responding to the revelation of her man’s infidelity. Over Neptunes producer Chad Hugo‘s upbeat, guitar-laced production, she makes clear that second chances simply ain’t in the cards: “Somebody is gonna love me / And I’m gonna love him / You didn’t really play your part well / I’ll find Someone Who Can.” If this catchy kiss-off left you craving more, then be sure to pick up Yuna’s sophomore album, Nocturnal, when it drops October 29, via The Verve Music Group.
Written by richard on 10/17/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.