Often, the people who are most clear-sighted in normal circumstances turn to suckers when love enters the picture. Not Yuna. Having expressed her determination to stay true to herself and follow her dreams on January 2012 Booth debut Live Your Life, the Malaysian singer/songwriter sticks to her guns on her latest LP single, which finds her responding to the revelation of her man’s infidelity. Over Neptunes producer Chad Hugo‘s upbeat, guitar-laced production, she makes clear that second chances simply ain’t in the cards: “Somebody is gonna love me / And I’m gonna love him / You didn’t really play your part well / I’ll find Someone Who Can.” If this catchy kiss-off left you craving more, then be sure to pick up Yuna’s sophomore album, Nocturnal, when it drops October 29, via The Verve Music Group.
Written by richard on 10/17/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)