Often, the people who are most clear-sighted in normal circumstances turn to suckers when love enters the picture. Not Yuna. Having expressed her determination to stay true to herself and follow her dreams on January 2012 Booth debut Live Your Life, the Malaysian singer/songwriter sticks to her guns on her latest LP single, which finds her responding to the revelation of her man’s infidelity. Over Neptunes producer Chad Hugo‘s upbeat, guitar-laced production, she makes clear that second chances simply ain’t in the cards: “Somebody is gonna love me / And I’m gonna love him / You didn’t really play your part well / I’ll find Someone Who Can.” If this catchy kiss-off left you craving more, then be sure to pick up Yuna’s sophomore album, Nocturnal, when it drops October 29, via The Verve Music Group.
Written by richard on 10/17/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.