Some artists prefer to keep it simple by going by their government names. Others, like Yummy Bingham, choose a name that rolls off the tongue so you won’t forget them (She was born Elizabeth T. Wyce Bingham.). On Cuffin’, her first solo Booth feature, Bingham showcases an energetic, fluid style every bit as infectious as her name. Nyce Hitz and Big Walt‘s piano-centered beat begins like a club/twerk track (thanks to a trap-style synth) but, once Bingham’s smooth, irresistible vocals kick in, you’ll find that this record is better suited for slow dancing. Even the lyrics, in which Bingham confesses that her new love might be The One, are slow dance-approved. If Cuffin’ is your type of R&B, you’ll undoubtedly find more to like on the artist’s forthcoming mixtape, No Artificial Flavorz. The project currently lacks a drop date but, as always, we’ll keep you posted.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/22/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.