DMV’s Diamond District is one of those groups that features several members that can also hold clout as solo artists. yU’s latest single Time Machine shows why he’s a shining star in the underground as he takes time to mingle with the listener, discussing his past – more specifically his past with his parents. In a rare letter that features both a present mother and father, we get a clear picture of family and an embracing of the beauty that resulted from the struggle. Produced by Unknown, with keys from Drew Kid and singing by Bilal Salaam, the smoothness of the track is drenched in sincerity and love. Towards the end of the song, Time Machine morphs into I Remember U (4 Mama), which was produced by yU himself and features Danedra and, once again, Bilal Salaam on vocals with cuts provided by DJ 2Tone Jones. The shift from a trip down memory lane to a singular tribute to his mother is truly heartfelt. Time Machine” / “I Remember U (4 Mama) is a part of yU’s latest Mello Music Group project The Earn.
Written by JC Poppe on 01/5/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Too Hip-Hop" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.