It’s well known that the Blind are compensated for their loss of sight by a greatly increased sensitivity to sound. On the latest single off his forthcoming full-length, Washington, D.C. emcee yU invites listeners to open their ears and close their eyes as he laces Kev Brown‘s understated sample work with complex, thoughtful rhymes about sight and the (both literal and metaphorical) lack thereof. If this joint opened your eyes to the Diamond District member’s dopeness, more quality material awaits on new solo LP The Earn, available now on iTunes and set for physical release December 13, via Mello Music Group.
Written by richard on 12/7/11
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Too Hip-Hop" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.