It’s well known that the Blind are compensated for their loss of sight by a greatly increased sensitivity to sound. On the latest single off his forthcoming full-length, Washington, D.C. emcee yU invites listeners to open their ears and close their eyes as he laces Kev Brown‘s understated sample work with complex, thoughtful rhymes about sight and the (both literal and metaphorical) lack thereof. If this joint opened your eyes to the Diamond District member’s dopeness, more quality material awaits on new solo LP The Earn, available now on iTunes and set for physical release December 13, via Mello Music Group.
Written by richard on 12/7/11
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Too Hip-Hop" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.