It’s well known that the Blind are compensated for their loss of sight by a greatly increased sensitivity to sound. On the latest single off his forthcoming full-length, Washington, D.C. emcee yU invites listeners to open their ears and close their eyes as he laces Kev Brown‘s understated sample work with complex, thoughtful rhymes about sight and the (both literal and metaphorical) lack thereof. If this joint opened your eyes to the Diamond District member’s dopeness, more quality material awaits on new solo LP The Earn, available now on iTunes and set for physical release December 13, via Mello Music Group.
Written by richard on 12/7/11
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Too Hip-Hop" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.