It’s well known that the Blind are compensated for their loss of sight by a greatly increased sensitivity to sound. On the latest single off his forthcoming full-length, Washington, D.C. emcee yU invites listeners to open their ears and close their eyes as he laces Kev Brown‘s understated sample work with complex, thoughtful rhymes about sight and the (both literal and metaphorical) lack thereof. If this joint opened your eyes to the Diamond District member’s dopeness, more quality material awaits on new solo LP The Earn, available now on iTunes and set for physical release December 13, via Mello Music Group.
Written by richard on 12/7/11
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Too Hip-Hop" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.