It’s well known that the Blind are compensated for their loss of sight by a greatly increased sensitivity to sound. On the latest single off his forthcoming full-length, Washington, D.C. emcee yU invites listeners to open their ears and close their eyes as he laces Kev Brown‘s understated sample work with complex, thoughtful rhymes about sight and the (both literal and metaphorical) lack thereof. If this joint opened your eyes to the Diamond District member’s dopeness, more quality material awaits on new solo LP The Earn, available now on iTunes and set for physical release December 13, via Mello Music Group.
Written by richard on 12/7/11
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Too Hip-Hop" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.