If you’ve listened to YP‘s previous features in the Booth, I don’t need to tell you that the Chi-Town emcee is utterly dedicated to his paper chase and deeply committed to keeping it real. It should come as no surprise, then, that he seeks to surround himself with people who share his priorities. On his latest video single, making its world premiere on our front page, the emcee spits about a few qualities he respects in his peers: “Feel like I trust you, I Like That in You / You bout your money, I like that in you.” Conversely, he voices his strong disapproval of those consumed by petty haterdom and jealousy. Chase Davis produces the joint, complementing YP’s verses with shrill synths and a street-ready rhythm section, and Hi-Def directs the accompanying visuals. Fans can find Like That and many more bangers on YP’s Wide Awake mixtape, available online as of January 29. Also, keep it locked for further details on the artist’s next street album, the summer-bound Restless.
Written by richard on 05/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dance With the Devil" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)