If you’ve listened to YP‘s previous features in the Booth, I don’t need to tell you that the Chi-Town emcee is utterly dedicated to his paper chase and deeply committed to keeping it real. It should come as no surprise, then, that he seeks to surround himself with people who share his priorities. On his latest video single, making its world premiere on our front page, the emcee spits about a few qualities he respects in his peers: “Feel like I trust you, I Like That in You / You bout your money, I like that in you.” Conversely, he voices his strong disapproval of those consumed by petty haterdom and jealousy. Chase Davis produces the joint, complementing YP’s verses with shrill synths and a street-ready rhythm section, and Hi-Def directs the accompanying visuals. Fans can find Like That and many more bangers on YP’s Wide Awake mixtape, available online as of January 29. Also, keep it locked for further details on the artist’s next street album, the summer-bound Restless.
Written by richard on 05/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dance With the Devil" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.