Wherever C-notes are present in copious quantities, you can be sure that YP isn’t far away. (I swear I saw him out of the corner of my eye last time I visited the bank.) On single numero uno off his next mixtape, the Universal Republic signee borrows a line from viral one-hit wonder Kreayshawn‘s Gucci Gucci to illustrate the magnetic pull that attracts him to currency and vice-versa: “Young, rich and flashy / I be where the Cash be.” Beatsmith Lokey‘s ultra-minimal flip of that sample, accented by syncopated snare hits and handclaps, backs the Windy City native as he revels in the material and sexual perks of his paper chase. The street album to which this cut will be attached as yet lacks a title and drop date, but those who like what they’re hearing can stay tuned for the latest news and song releases. In the meantime, fans should be sure to check out the artist’s recent interview with DJBoothTV‘s Jacques Morel.
Written by richard on 11/27/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dance With the Devil" (2010)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.