Wherever C-notes are present in copious quantities, you can be sure that YP isn’t far away. (I swear I saw him out of the corner of my eye last time I visited the bank.) On single numero uno off his next mixtape, the Universal Republic signee borrows a line from viral one-hit wonder Kreayshawn‘s Gucci Gucci to illustrate the magnetic pull that attracts him to currency and vice-versa: “Young, rich and flashy / I be where the Cash be.” Beatsmith Lokey‘s ultra-minimal flip of that sample, accented by syncopated snare hits and handclaps, backs the Windy City native as he revels in the material and sexual perks of his paper chase. The street album to which this cut will be attached as yet lacks a title and drop date, but those who like what they’re hearing can stay tuned for the latest news and song releases. In the meantime, fans should be sure to check out the artist’s recent interview with DJBoothTV‘s Jacques Morel.
Written by richard on 11/27/12
Chicago native YP has returned to the DJBooth, this time with new project Wide Awake in hand. Included on the 13-track tape are Booth-featured standout selections "Cash" and "Let Me Know." Joining the emcee on Wide Awake...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dance With the Devil" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)