Wherever C-notes are present in copious quantities, you can be sure that YP isn’t far away. (I swear I saw him out of the corner of my eye last time I visited the bank.) On single numero uno off his next mixtape, the Universal Republic signee borrows a line from viral one-hit wonder Kreayshawn‘s Gucci Gucci to illustrate the magnetic pull that attracts him to currency and vice-versa: “Young, rich and flashy / I be where the Cash be.” Beatsmith Lokey‘s ultra-minimal flip of that sample, accented by syncopated snare hits and handclaps, backs the Windy City native as he revels in the material and sexual perks of his paper chase. The street album to which this cut will be attached as yet lacks a title and drop date, but those who like what they’re hearing can stay tuned for the latest news and song releases. In the meantime, fans should be sure to check out the artist’s recent interview with DJBoothTV‘s Jacques Morel.
Written by richard on 11/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dance With the Devil" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.