Remember iFFy the Badman, the R&B buzzmaker who wowed Booth readers with Ain’t No Reason back in January 2012? Well, he’s gone through a few changes between then and now. Having parted ways with Universal Republic, the crooner has traded in his old stage name (which was “label sh*t,” in the artist’s own words), for the morbid, but attention-grabbing Youth is DEAD. His music has also taken a turn toward the macabre, as evidenced by solo Booth debut Drug Machine. A dark, bluesy Emile production ornamented by chain-gang chants backs Youth as he chronicles the rise and (fatal) fall of an NYC pusherman. Tvision directs the joint’s gritty, noirish official visuals. Drug Machine isn’t part of a forthcoming project, but fans can keep their browsers locked for further news and song releases from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 02/15/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lovers On The Moon" (2014)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.