Remember iFFy the Badman, the R&B buzzmaker who wowed Booth readers with Ain’t No Reason back in January 2012? Well, he’s gone through a few changes between then and now. Having parted ways with Universal Republic, the crooner has traded in his old stage name (which was “label sh*t,” in the artist’s own words), for the morbid, but attention-grabbing Youth is DEAD. His music has also taken a turn toward the macabre, as evidenced by solo Booth debut Drug Machine. A dark, bluesy Emile production ornamented by chain-gang chants backs Youth as he chronicles the rise and (fatal) fall of an NYC pusherman. Tvision directs the joint’s gritty, noirish official visuals. Drug Machine isn’t part of a forthcoming project, but fans can keep their browsers locked for further news and song releases from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 02/15/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lovers On The Moon" (2014)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.