Remember iFFy the Badman, the R&B buzzmaker who wowed Booth readers with Ain’t No Reason back in January 2012? Well, he’s gone through a few changes between then and now. Having parted ways with Universal Republic, the crooner has traded in his old stage name (which was “label sh*t,” in the artist’s own words), for the morbid, but attention-grabbing Youth is DEAD. His music has also taken a turn toward the macabre, as evidenced by solo Booth debut Drug Machine. A dark, bluesy Emile production ornamented by chain-gang chants backs Youth as he chronicles the rise and (fatal) fall of an NYC pusherman. Tvision directs the joint’s gritty, noirish official visuals. Drug Machine isn’t part of a forthcoming project, but fans can keep their browsers locked for further news and song releases from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 02/15/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lovers On The Moon" (2014)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)