Remember iFFy the Badman, the R&B buzzmaker who wowed Booth readers with Ain’t No Reason back in January 2012? Well, he’s gone through a few changes between then and now. Having parted ways with Universal Republic, the crooner has traded in his old stage name (which was “label sh*t,” in the artist’s own words), for the morbid, but attention-grabbing Youth is DEAD. His music has also taken a turn toward the macabre, as evidenced by solo Booth debut Drug Machine. A dark, bluesy Emile production ornamented by chain-gang chants backs Youth as he chronicles the rise and (fatal) fall of an NYC pusherman. Tvision directs the joint’s gritty, noirish official visuals. Drug Machine isn’t part of a forthcoming project, but fans can keep their browsers locked for further news and song releases from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 02/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lovers On The Moon" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.