Remember iFFy the Badman, the R&B buzzmaker who wowed Booth readers with Ain’t No Reason back in January 2012? Well, he’s gone through a few changes between then and now. Having parted ways with Universal Republic, the crooner has traded in his old stage name (which was “label sh*t,” in the artist’s own words), for the morbid, but attention-grabbing Youth is DEAD. His music has also taken a turn toward the macabre, as evidenced by solo Booth debut Drug Machine. A dark, bluesy Emile production ornamented by chain-gang chants backs Youth as he chronicles the rise and (fatal) fall of an NYC pusherman. Tvision directs the joint’s gritty, noirish official visuals. Drug Machine isn’t part of a forthcoming project, but fans can keep their browsers locked for further news and song releases from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 02/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lovers On The Moon" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.