Over the last week, the hip-hop internet has been engulfed in trying to figure out if Your Old Droog is actually an alter-ego of Nas. Spoiler alert, he’s not Nas. He’s just not. NOT. Now that the Nas thing is out of the way - seriously, he’s not Nas - we can thankfully start to focus on Droog’s actual music, and it’s pretty damn good. Steeped in NYC boom-bap sound, You Know What Time It Is is a standout track from one of NYC’s newest (non-Nas) voices. If this sampler has you interested in a full meal, check out Droog’s self-titled new EP right here.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/19/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.