Over the last week, the hip-hop internet has been engulfed in trying to figure out if Your Old Droog is actually an alter-ego of Nas. Spoiler alert, he’s not Nas. He’s just not. NOT. Now that the Nas thing is out of the way - seriously, he’s not Nas - we can thankfully start to focus on Droog’s actual music, and it’s pretty damn good. Steeped in NYC boom-bap sound, You Know What Time It Is is a standout track from one of NYC’s newest (non-Nas) voices. If this sampler has you interested in a full meal, check out Droog’s self-titled new EP right here.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/19/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.