As Your Old Droog builds to the release of his debut project, the enigmatic Big Apple rhymesayer’s been attracting the attention, not only of hip-hop heads, but also of certain eminent personages in the rap game. Like Mac Miller, who’s mans the mixing boards on unreleased cut Sleepers. Backed by the Keystone State indie phenom’s murky organ loop and leisurely percussion, Droog uses the importance of quality shut-eye as a springboard for agile rhymes about… well, pretty much everything, from his own impeccable mic skills to the power of weird areolas to ruin a quality pair of breasts. While this joint is, as mentioned above, just a loosie, those feeling it should stay tuned for further details on the artist’s self-titled album, which is yet unscheduled.
Written by richard on 08/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Know What Time It Is" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.