“Don’t push me, ‘cause I’m close to the edge / I’m trying not to lose my head / It’s like a jungle sometimes / It makes me wonder how I keep from going under.” More than 30 years have passed since Grandmaster Flash put those lines down on wax, but they remain as resonant as the day they were penned. Now, mysterious NYC buzzmaker Your Old Droog has repurposed them as the centerpiece of his latest promo single, gritty, yet irreverent street banger No Message. Accompanied by P Brothers’ hand drums and ominous choral harmonies, Droog and guest spitter Rast RFC deliver bars as menacing in tone as they are witty in content. On September 3, the headliner will be making his live debut at The Studio at Webster Hall. Click here to cop tickets to the event, which will also feature sets by Rast and Timeless Truth.
Written by richard on 07/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Know What Time It Is" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.