“Don’t push me, ‘cause I’m close to the edge / I’m trying not to lose my head / It’s like a jungle sometimes / It makes me wonder how I keep from going under.” More than 30 years have passed since Grandmaster Flash put those lines down on wax, but they remain as resonant as the day they were penned. Now, mysterious NYC buzzmaker Your Old Droog has repurposed them as the centerpiece of his latest promo single, gritty, yet irreverent street banger No Message. Accompanied by P Brothers’ hand drums and ominous choral harmonies, Droog and guest spitter Rast RFC deliver bars as menacing in tone as they are witty in content. On September 3, the headliner will be making his live debut at The Studio at Webster Hall. Click here to cop tickets to the event, which will also feature sets by Rast and Timeless Truth.
Written by richard on 07/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Know What Time It Is" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.