The initial wave of buzz that swept Your Old Droog into the Booth was based on widespread speculation that the NYC buzzmaker was actually the alter-ego of hip-hop legend Nas. That turned out to be categorically false but, you know what, who gives a f**k? The man can rhyme. Thus, we’re proud to bring you new promo single Free Turkey. Here, Droog and RTNC‘s quirky bell-loop grooves set the stage for verses packed with clever compound rhymes, not to mention enough food imagery to give Action Bronson a stomachache. Turkey might (or might not) be a part of the eventual release of his Your Old Droog LP, but in the meantime fans can hear more on his recently-released, self-titled EP.
Written by richard on 07/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Know What Time It Is" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.