The initial wave of buzz that swept Your Old Droog into the Booth was based on widespread speculation that the NYC buzzmaker was actually the alter-ego of hip-hop legend Nas. That turned out to be categorically false but, you know what, who gives a f**k? The man can rhyme. Thus, we’re proud to bring you new promo single Free Turkey. Here, Droog and RTNC‘s quirky bell-loop grooves set the stage for verses packed with clever compound rhymes, not to mention enough food imagery to give Action Bronson a stomachache. Turkey might (or might not) be a part of the eventual release of his Your Old Droog LP, but in the meantime fans can hear more on his recently-released, self-titled EP.
Written by richard on 07/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Know What Time It Is" (2014)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.