Picking up a professional woman might be nothing more than a whim of fantasy in the pubescent boy’s wandering mind, but 18-year-old Young Steff makes it sound darn believable. Coming out of South Jersey, the rising R&B singer first made a name for himself at the age of 12, when he was noticed by Jay-Z and subsequently signed to Roc-A-Fella records. Since then, he has moved to the Atlantic imprint of Grammy-winning producer Rich Harrison, who is best known for infusing DC Go-go with R&B on Amerie’s 1 Thing. Young Steff’s debut single, Professional, exhibits his smooth, coming-of-age voice over Harrison’s vaguely Caribbean-sounding beat. Steff’s debut, Jump It Off, will tentatively be released on September 16.
Written by Charlie E. on 05/27/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dat Gurl Right Dere ft. Hurricane Chris" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)