Update: Steff’s label has asked us to remove the stream of “Drop It on The One.”
Last we checked in with Young Steff, way back in March of ‘09, he was Slow Jukin with a sexy shawty at the club. Nearly three years later, on the latest single off his forthcoming debut set, we find the up-and-coming crooner… exactly where we left him: getting down with a beautiful woman at the local spot. Now that’s endurance. (Somewhere along the line, he found time to switch labels from Richcraft/Atlantic to Rodney Jerkins’ Darkchild Records.) Making its world premiere right here on our front page, Drop It on the One finds RH3 cooking up an upbeat, synth-handclap backdrop as the Vineland, New Jersey native pays homage to a female whose combo of perfect 10 looks and smooth moves are seriously impairing his judgment. In a rapped interlude, he gushes, “You make me wanna go half on a son / And while I’m at it, here’s half of my funds.” Might want to sleep on that one, my man. Regrettable life decisions aside, though, this energetic jam is certain to get our resident pop-lovers amped for the rest of the Fresh & Futuristic material in store on Steff’s freshman full-length, tentatively scheduled to drop this spring.
Written by richard on 02/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dat Gurl Right Dere ft. Hurricane Chris" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.