Update: Steff’s label has asked us to remove the stream of “Drop It on The One.”
Last we checked in with Young Steff, way back in March of ‘09, he was Slow Jukin with a sexy shawty at the club. Nearly three years later, on the latest single off his forthcoming debut set, we find the up-and-coming crooner… exactly where we left him: getting down with a beautiful woman at the local spot. Now that’s endurance. (Somewhere along the line, he found time to switch labels from Richcraft/Atlantic to Rodney Jerkins’ Darkchild Records.) Making its world premiere right here on our front page, Drop It on the One finds RH3 cooking up an upbeat, synth-handclap backdrop as the Vineland, New Jersey native pays homage to a female whose combo of perfect 10 looks and smooth moves are seriously impairing his judgment. In a rapped interlude, he gushes, “You make me wanna go half on a son / And while I’m at it, here’s half of my funds.” Might want to sleep on that one, my man. Regrettable life decisions aside, though, this energetic jam is certain to get our resident pop-lovers amped for the rest of the Fresh & Futuristic material in store on Steff’s freshman full-length, tentatively scheduled to drop this spring.
Written by richard on 02/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dat Gurl Right Dere ft. Hurricane Chris" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.