Those who haven’t set foot in the North Star State might be surprised to hear that, though our winters are about as frigid as you would expect, Minnesota also boasts some absolutely beautiful (if occasionally sweltering) summer weather. On This My Jam, installment #9 in his Booth-exclusive Counting Sheep series, Young Son calls upon a few local talents to craft a fittingly breezy soundtrack to long, lazy summer days in the Mini-Apple. First to flow over The Edator‘s mellow, synth-driven instrumental, Young Son comes with all the amicable, wordplay-driven lyricism fans have come to expect. Cay-Riss brings a bouncier feel to the track’s middle section, and Slink Proper blazes the back end, switching up the flow with an energetic closing verse. Complete with a smooth hook by R&B singer and MUSIC2DREAM2 team member Christina (who will appear on Young Son’s forthcoming LP), this record is a shoo-in for summer-jam mix-CD rotation. Young Son’s weekly series will conclude next Tuesday, June 9th; watch for his DJBooth.net & DJ Advance-hosted Counting Sheep mixtape to hit our front page a week later, on the 16th. Dreamer’s Poetry, the emcee’s second studio album, is scheduled to follow in mid-to-late summer.
Written by richard on 06/1/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.