Those who haven’t set foot in the North Star State might be surprised to hear that, though our winters are about as frigid as you would expect, Minnesota also boasts some absolutely beautiful (if occasionally sweltering) summer weather. On This My Jam, installment #9 in his Booth-exclusive Counting Sheep series, Young Son calls upon a few local talents to craft a fittingly breezy soundtrack to long, lazy summer days in the Mini-Apple. First to flow over The Edator‘s mellow, synth-driven instrumental, Young Son comes with all the amicable, wordplay-driven lyricism fans have come to expect. Cay-Riss brings a bouncier feel to the track’s middle section, and Slink Proper blazes the back end, switching up the flow with an energetic closing verse. Complete with a smooth hook by R&B singer and MUSIC2DREAM2 team member Christina (who will appear on Young Son’s forthcoming LP), this record is a shoo-in for summer-jam mix-CD rotation. Young Son’s weekly series will conclude next Tuesday, June 9th; watch for his DJBooth.net & DJ Advance-hosted Counting Sheep mixtape to hit our front page a week later, on the 16th. Dreamer’s Poetry, the emcee’s second studio album, is scheduled to follow in mid-to-late summer.
Written by richard on 06/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.