On the newly-released buzz single off his forthcoming sophomore LP, Dreamer’s Poetry, up-and-coming emcee and DJBooth member Young Son makes one thing very clear: the dreams he’s talking about aren’t the kind you have when you fall asleep. In fact, these dreams are the kind that keep you up at night—how can one rest when “Success is… but a breath away”? Inspired by “late-night 8-hour [recording] sessions after 8 hours of working,” as well as by Drake‘s recently-released So Far Gone mixtape, the record gives listeners a rare glimpse into the superhuman grind of indie artists everywhere. Groundwork‘s piano-driven instrumental serves as a fittingly pensive backdrop to the Minneapolis native’s low-key confidence as he meditates on the rewards that will make all the sleepless nights worthwhile. Listeners itching to hear more of this Dreamer’s Poetry won’t have to wait till the album’s June 9th drop date—in early April, Young Son will be partnering with this very site to kick off Counting Sheep… A Countdown to Dreamer’s Poetry, an eight-week series of previously-unreleased cuts that will be available for streaming and free download exclusively at DJBooth.net.
Written by richard on 03/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.