On the newly-released buzz single off his forthcoming sophomore LP, Dreamer’s Poetry, up-and-coming emcee and DJBooth member Young Son makes one thing very clear: the dreams he’s talking about aren’t the kind you have when you fall asleep. In fact, these dreams are the kind that keep you up at night—how can one rest when “Success is… but a breath away”? Inspired by “late-night 8-hour [recording] sessions after 8 hours of working,” as well as by Drake‘s recently-released So Far Gone mixtape, the record gives listeners a rare glimpse into the superhuman grind of indie artists everywhere. Groundwork‘s piano-driven instrumental serves as a fittingly pensive backdrop to the Minneapolis native’s low-key confidence as he meditates on the rewards that will make all the sleepless nights worthwhile. Listeners itching to hear more of this Dreamer’s Poetry won’t have to wait till the album’s June 9th drop date—in early April, Young Son will be partnering with this very site to kick off Counting Sheep… A Countdown to Dreamer’s Poetry, an eight-week series of previously-unreleased cuts that will be available for streaming and free download exclusively at DJBooth.net.
Listen to More: Mike Dreams Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.