In the second installment of his Booth-exclusive Counting Sheep Series, Young Son addresses a subject that’s near and dear to my heart: the Minneapolis public transit system. My Bus Ride Home finds the site member and up-and-coming emcee spitting rhymes he jotted down on a summer ‘08 bus ride through the North Side of his hometown, describing everything from the homie hocking knockoff perfume and bootleg CDs to fellow passengers, to the vanity plates he reads out the side window, to the simple experience of waiting for a late transfer over a spacey, sampled beat by 2faced. While my bus ride rap would be a little different in tone (less mellow reflection, more frustrated cursing at missed stops), I have to give Young Son massive props for finding the hidden poetry in such an everyday event. Watch for more exclusive cuts from Young Son every Tuesday leading up to the June 9th release of his sophomore album, Dreamer’s Poetry.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.