In the second installment of his Booth-exclusive Counting Sheep Series, Young Son addresses a subject that’s near and dear to my heart: the Minneapolis public transit system. My Bus Ride Home finds the site member and up-and-coming emcee spitting rhymes he jotted down on a summer ‘08 bus ride through the North Side of his hometown, describing everything from the homie hocking knockoff perfume and bootleg CDs to fellow passengers, to the vanity plates he reads out the side window, to the simple experience of waiting for a late transfer over a spacey, sampled beat by 2faced. While my bus ride rap would be a little different in tone (less mellow reflection, more frustrated cursing at missed stops), I have to give Young Son massive props for finding the hidden poetry in such an everyday event. Watch for more exclusive cuts from Young Son every Tuesday leading up to the June 9th release of his sophomore album, Dreamer’s Poetry.
Written by richard on 04/14/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.