In the second installment of his Booth-exclusive Counting Sheep Series, Young Son addresses a subject that’s near and dear to my heart: the Minneapolis public transit system. My Bus Ride Home finds the site member and up-and-coming emcee spitting rhymes he jotted down on a summer ‘08 bus ride through the North Side of his hometown, describing everything from the homie hocking knockoff perfume and bootleg CDs to fellow passengers, to the vanity plates he reads out the side window, to the simple experience of waiting for a late transfer over a spacey, sampled beat by 2faced. While my bus ride rap would be a little different in tone (less mellow reflection, more frustrated cursing at missed stops), I have to give Young Son massive props for finding the hidden poetry in such an everyday event. Watch for more exclusive cuts from Young Son every Tuesday leading up to the June 9th release of his sophomore album, Dreamer’s Poetry.
Written by richard on 04/14/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.