With the nuanced delivery Young Son brings to much of his recorded work, it might not be immediately apparent that, in addition to inspiring deep thoughts during headphone listening sessions, he can Git Live with the very best of them. I’ve had the privilege of seeing this side of the Minneapolis up-and-comer firsthand, but those who haven’t made it to one of his shows can get a taste of what I’m talking about by listening to the third entry in his Booth-exclusive Counting Sheep series. Inspired by performance-style records by the legendary likes of Run DMC and the Fat Boys, Git Live finds Young Son spitting high-energy rhymes over a hard-hitting, percussion and synth instrumental by Rhino. Fellow Twin Cities artist HYPEL amps up the adrenaline-pumping atmosphere yet further by stepping into the classic ‘hype man’ role. Those who like what they hear should stay tuned for more exclusive cuts every Tuesday leading up to the June 9th release of Young Son’s sophomore album, Dreamer’s Poetry.
Written by richard on 04/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.