For most, Mondays are a drag. And Tuesdays? Not so hot either. Here in the Booth, though, we get to start the work week off with new records from two reader favorites, and, with Manic Mondays emcee K. Sparks joining Minneapolis up-and-comer Young Son for the seventh entry in his Counting Sheep Series, this week is shaping up to be one of the best in recent memory. On My Life (It’s Like This), the Minneapolis up-and-comer takes inspiration from his experiences touring Twin Cities schools, youth correctional facilities, and national conferences as part of nonprofit organization youthrive’s “youthrive! LIVE” concert series. Over a jazzy, sampled instrumental by D Roof, he details his dedication to building a better tomorrow. Sparks follows his inspirational opener with some more abstract but equally uplifting rhymes on the back end. Watch for more exclusive records from Young Son each Tuesday leading up to the June release of his sophomore studio album, Dreamer’s Poetry, and stay tuned for the emcee’s Booth-sponsored Counting Sheep mixtape, set to drop June 12th.
Written by richard on 05/18/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)