For most, Mondays are a drag. And Tuesdays? Not so hot either. Here in the Booth, though, we get to start the work week off with new records from two reader favorites, and, with Manic Mondays emcee K. Sparks joining Minneapolis up-and-comer Young Son for the seventh entry in his Counting Sheep Series, this week is shaping up to be one of the best in recent memory. On My Life (It’s Like This), the Minneapolis up-and-comer takes inspiration from his experiences touring Twin Cities schools, youth correctional facilities, and national conferences as part of nonprofit organization youthrive’s “youthrive! LIVE” concert series. Over a jazzy, sampled instrumental by D Roof, he details his dedication to building a better tomorrow. Sparks follows his inspirational opener with some more abstract but equally uplifting rhymes on the back end. Watch for more exclusive records from Young Son each Tuesday leading up to the June release of his sophomore studio album, Dreamer’s Poetry, and stay tuned for the emcee’s Booth-sponsored Counting Sheep mixtape, set to drop June 12th.
Written by richard on 05/18/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.