The path to the top is never a straight line—one day it’ll seem like success is but a breath away, and the next you’ll feel that all your efforts have been for nothing. More often than not, what separates the winners from those who fall by the wayside is the drive to keep on keeping on, especially when the going gets tough. On the second single off his long-awaited sophomore LP (making its world premiere in the Booth!), reader favorite Young Son teams up with St. Paul R&B singer Ashley Dubose to send a message to those struggling to make it through the day: as long as we keep faith, “We’ll Be Alright .” Over a simmering synth beat that screams “rap anthem” (courtesy of Icesikill), Young Son delivers ambitious verses that’ll ring true to anyone who’s had to grind just to make ends meet. Topped off with Dubose’s cheery hook vocals, this refreshingly down-to-earth motivational jam is guaranteed to boost your spirits, whether you’re an up-and-coming artist or a track reviewer for DJBooth.net. Dreamer’s Poetry has yet to receive a release date; keep it locked to our frontpage for all the latest!
Written by richard on 08/24/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.