The path to the top is never a straight line—one day it’ll seem like success is but a breath away, and the next you’ll feel that all your efforts have been for nothing. More often than not, what separates the winners from those who fall by the wayside is the drive to keep on keeping on, especially when the going gets tough. On the second single off his long-awaited sophomore LP (making its world premiere in the Booth!), reader favorite Young Son teams up with St. Paul R&B singer Ashley Dubose to send a message to those struggling to make it through the day: as long as we keep faith, “We’ll Be Alright .” Over a simmering synth beat that screams “rap anthem” (courtesy of Icesikill), Young Son delivers ambitious verses that’ll ring true to anyone who’s had to grind just to make ends meet. Topped off with Dubose’s cheery hook vocals, this refreshingly down-to-earth motivational jam is guaranteed to boost your spirits, whether you’re an up-and-coming artist or a track reviewer for DJBooth.net. Dreamer’s Poetry has yet to receive a release date; keep it locked to our frontpage for all the latest!
Written by richard on 08/24/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.