The path to the top is never a straight line—one day it’ll seem like success is but a breath away, and the next you’ll feel that all your efforts have been for nothing. More often than not, what separates the winners from those who fall by the wayside is the drive to keep on keeping on, especially when the going gets tough. On the second single off his long-awaited sophomore LP (making its world premiere in the Booth!), reader favorite Young Son teams up with St. Paul R&B singer Ashley Dubose to send a message to those struggling to make it through the day: as long as we keep faith, “We’ll Be Alright .” Over a simmering synth beat that screams “rap anthem” (courtesy of Icesikill), Young Son delivers ambitious verses that’ll ring true to anyone who’s had to grind just to make ends meet. Topped off with Dubose’s cheery hook vocals, this refreshingly down-to-earth motivational jam is guaranteed to boost your spirits, whether you’re an up-and-coming artist or a track reviewer for DJBooth.net. Dreamer’s Poetry has yet to receive a release date; keep it locked to our frontpage for all the latest!
Written by richard on 08/24/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.