The path to the top is never a straight line—one day it’ll seem like success is but a breath away, and the next you’ll feel that all your efforts have been for nothing. More often than not, what separates the winners from those who fall by the wayside is the drive to keep on keeping on, especially when the going gets tough. On the second single off his long-awaited sophomore LP (making its world premiere in the Booth!), reader favorite Young Son teams up with St. Paul R&B singer Ashley Dubose to send a message to those struggling to make it through the day: as long as we keep faith, “We’ll Be Alright .” Over a simmering synth beat that screams “rap anthem” (courtesy of Icesikill), Young Son delivers ambitious verses that’ll ring true to anyone who’s had to grind just to make ends meet. Topped off with Dubose’s cheery hook vocals, this refreshingly down-to-earth motivational jam is guaranteed to boost your spirits, whether you’re an up-and-coming artist or a track reviewer for DJBooth.net. Dreamer’s Poetry has yet to receive a release date; keep it locked to our frontpage for all the latest!
Written by richard on 08/24/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.