Plenty of underground emcees pay lip service to old-school values, but relatively few truly use their music to lead by example, and even fewer seem able to keep listeners entertained while doing so. Those who follow Booth favorite Young Son know that he’s one of this all-too-rare breed—if you’re not familiar with his work, take a listen to entry number six in his Booth-exclusive Counting Sheep series and you’ll be convinced. Showcasing his unmistakable Brand New Vintage swag, the Minneapolis native fills all us guys in on his secret to success with the fairer sex: to make the ladies swoon, you’ve simply got to… [drumroll, please]... be confident, behave like a gentleman, and treat them with respect—crazy, huh? MH’s engaging, ever-so-smooth rhymes here are as refreshing as a cool breeze, as is Cold Legistics’ nostalgic sample work, and it it all adds up to a sunny, feel-good track retro-minded readers will find irresistible. Fans can look forward to more exclusive records from Young Son each Tuesday leading up to the June release of his sophomore studio album, Dreamer’s Poetry; also stay tuned for the emcee’s Booth-sponsored Counting Sheep mixtape, set to drop June 12th.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.