Plenty of underground emcees pay lip service to old-school values, but relatively few truly use their music to lead by example, and even fewer seem able to keep listeners entertained while doing so. Those who follow Booth favorite Young Son know that he’s one of this all-too-rare breed—if you’re not familiar with his work, take a listen to entry number six in his Booth-exclusive Counting Sheep series and you’ll be convinced. Showcasing his unmistakable Brand New Vintage swag, the Minneapolis native fills all us guys in on his secret to success with the fairer sex: to make the ladies swoon, you’ve simply got to… [drumroll, please]... be confident, behave like a gentleman, and treat them with respect—crazy, huh? MH’s engaging, ever-so-smooth rhymes here are as refreshing as a cool breeze, as is Cold Legistics’ nostalgic sample work, and it it all adds up to a sunny, feel-good track retro-minded readers will find irresistible. Fans can look forward to more exclusive records from Young Son each Tuesday leading up to the June release of his sophomore studio album, Dreamer’s Poetry; also stay tuned for the emcee’s Booth-sponsored Counting Sheep mixtape, set to drop June 12th.
Written by richard on 05/11/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.