If you attended Sunday School classes as a child, you’re likely aware that the Ancient Greeks had quite a few words for the concept we simply refer to as “love,” the most-discussed among them being agape (all-encompassing love), philos (platonic love), and eros (romantic love, also the Greek name for Cupid). Though the woman who taught Young Son this lesson has fallen victim to cancer, the emcee carries her words with him to this day, and has dedicated installment #8 of his Booth-exclusive Counting Sheep series to her memory. On Arrows for Eros, the Minneapolis rapper suggests that, rather than waiting around to be struck by a divine projectile, today’s youth should concentrate on living right, and keep faith that fate will bring them together with their soulmates when the time is right. Hannah’s pun-filled verses strike straight to the heart of the matter, and SoulChef‘s dreamy, saxophone-laced instrumental is the perfect accompaniment to his philosophical musings. Watch for more exclusive records each Tuesday leading up to the June release of Dreamer’s Poetry, and stay tuned for the emcee’s Booth-sponsored Counting Sheep mixtape, due out June 12th.
Listen to More: Mike Dreams Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.