If you attended Sunday School classes as a child, you’re likely aware that the Ancient Greeks had quite a few words for the concept we simply refer to as “love,” the most-discussed among them being agape (all-encompassing love), philos (platonic love), and eros (romantic love, also the Greek name for Cupid). Though the woman who taught Young Son this lesson has fallen victim to cancer, the emcee carries her words with him to this day, and has dedicated installment #8 of his Booth-exclusive Counting Sheep series to her memory. On Arrows for Eros, the Minneapolis rapper suggests that, rather than waiting around to be struck by a divine projectile, today’s youth should concentrate on living right, and keep faith that fate will bring them together with their soulmates when the time is right. Hannah’s pun-filled verses strike straight to the heart of the matter, and SoulChef‘s dreamy, saxophone-laced instrumental is the perfect accompaniment to his philosophical musings. Watch for more exclusive records each Tuesday leading up to the June release of Dreamer’s Poetry, and stay tuned for the emcee’s Booth-sponsored Counting Sheep mixtape, due out June 12th.
Written by richard on 05/26/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.