If you attended Sunday School classes as a child, you’re likely aware that the Ancient Greeks had quite a few words for the concept we simply refer to as “love,” the most-discussed among them being agape (all-encompassing love), philos (platonic love), and eros (romantic love, also the Greek name for Cupid). Though the woman who taught Young Son this lesson has fallen victim to cancer, the emcee carries her words with him to this day, and has dedicated installment #8 of his Booth-exclusive Counting Sheep series to her memory. On Arrows for Eros, the Minneapolis rapper suggests that, rather than waiting around to be struck by a divine projectile, today’s youth should concentrate on living right, and keep faith that fate will bring them together with their soulmates when the time is right. Hannah’s pun-filled verses strike straight to the heart of the matter, and SoulChef‘s dreamy, saxophone-laced instrumental is the perfect accompaniment to his philosophical musings. Watch for more exclusive records each Tuesday leading up to the June release of Dreamer’s Poetry, and stay tuned for the emcee’s Booth-sponsored Counting Sheep mixtape, due out June 12th.
Listen to More: Mike Dreams
Written by richard on 05/26/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)