Influenced by Chicago’s conscious “Big Three” of Kanye, Common, and Lupe, Twin Cities representative Young Son is unleashing A Timeless Classic to the world. Using Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell’s Ain’t No Mountain High Enough as his backdrop, the Soul Inspired MC tells his life story; despite the problems he and his family have overcome, Young Son considers himself a regular man. While conscious music is rarely heard from independent artists looking for their shine, A Timeless Classic stands out amongst its peers and puts YS in good company alongside his fellow Midwest rap-thinkers.
Written by Burmy on 12/17/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Far" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.