Influenced by Chicago’s conscious “Big Three” of Kanye, Common, and Lupe, Twin Cities representative Young Son is unleashing A Timeless Classic to the world. Using Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell’s Ain’t No Mountain High Enough as his backdrop, the Soul Inspired MC tells his life story; despite the problems he and his family have overcome, Young Son considers himself a regular man. While conscious music is rarely heard from independent artists looking for their shine, A Timeless Classic stands out amongst its peers and puts YS in good company alongside his fellow Midwest rap-thinkers.
Listen to More: Mike Dreams
Written by Burmy on 12/17/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Far" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.