Influenced by Chicago’s conscious “Big Three” of Kanye, Common, and Lupe, Twin Cities representative Young Son is unleashing A Timeless Classic to the world. Using Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell’s Ain’t No Mountain High Enough as his backdrop, the Soul Inspired MC tells his life story; despite the problems he and his family have overcome, Young Son considers himself a regular man. While conscious music is rarely heard from independent artists looking for their shine, A Timeless Classic stands out amongst its peers and puts YS in good company alongside his fellow Midwest rap-thinkers.
Written by Burmy on 12/17/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Far" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.