Influenced by Chicago’s conscious “Big Three” of Kanye, Common, and Lupe, Twin Cities representative Young Son is unleashing A Timeless Classic to the world. Using Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell’s Ain’t No Mountain High Enough as his backdrop, the Soul Inspired MC tells his life story; despite the problems he and his family have overcome, Young Son considers himself a regular man. While conscious music is rarely heard from independent artists looking for their shine, A Timeless Classic stands out amongst its peers and puts YS in good company alongside his fellow Midwest rap-thinkers.
Written by Burmy on 12/17/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Far" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.