The way people fall head over heels, get hurt, then do it all over again, you’d think they had a Heartache Fetish. R&B buzzmaker Nick Van Hofwegen, professionally known as Young & Sick, will be the first to admit that he finds something perversely enjoyable about lovesickness. On the latest single off his forthcoming, self-titled debut EP, he lets an absent lover know that he’s utterly at her mercy: “You’re not in the room but you got me in a headlock. / Tied up, helpless, ready to be sacrificed.” Hofwegen handles production as well as mic duties, backing his effervescent vocal harmonies with leisurely drums and glossy synth arpeggios. Has this left-of-center paean to romantic anguish left you hungry for more? Then be sure to cop Young & Sick’s freshman set when it hits record stores and online retailers Tuesday, April 8.
Written by richard on 03/27/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.