The way people fall head over heels, get hurt, then do it all over again, you’d think they had a Heartache Fetish. R&B buzzmaker Nick Van Hofwegen, professionally known as Young & Sick, will be the first to admit that he finds something perversely enjoyable about lovesickness. On the latest single off his forthcoming, self-titled debut EP, he lets an absent lover know that he’s utterly at her mercy: “You’re not in the room but you got me in a headlock. / Tied up, helpless, ready to be sacrificed.” Hofwegen handles production as well as mic duties, backing his effervescent vocal harmonies with leisurely drums and glossy synth arpeggios. Has this left-of-center paean to romantic anguish left you hungry for more? Then be sure to cop Young & Sick’s freshman set when it hits record stores and online retailers Tuesday, April 8.
Written by richard on 03/27/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.