For those not in the know, every year Atlanta hosts the A3C hip-hop festival, bringing together a mixture of underground staples and dope relatively unknown artists for performances, workshops and politicking. During this year’s A3C, Stankonia Studios opened their facilities up to visiting emcees to create an album full of pairings you wouldn’t typically find. The latest single from Stankonia Sessions: A3C Edition, hosted by SMKA and Royal Flush and presented by Grooveshark, is the The Journey featuring Young Scolla, Rapper Big Pooh and Freeway and produced by Royal Flush and Marc Real. The song has a sing-along style hook that bridges the gap between each respective artist rapping in quick summation about their specific journeys in rap music and life, with the Philly Freezer arguably stealing the show. (Feel free to disagree in the comments below.) The beat has a very familiar sample as its backbone and breathes enough to let the artists simply do their thing. Stankonia Sessions: A3C Edition will be released tomorrow, November 16.
Written by JC Poppe on 11/15/11
Submit your Rating
Fab 5 ENT/USR
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was With You" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.