For those not in the know, every year Atlanta hosts the A3C hip-hop festival, bringing together a mixture of underground staples and dope relatively unknown artists for performances, workshops and politicking. During this year’s A3C, Stankonia Studios opened their facilities up to visiting emcees to create an album full of pairings you wouldn’t typically find. The latest single from Stankonia Sessions: A3C Edition, hosted by SMKA and Royal Flush and presented by Grooveshark, is the The Journey featuring Young Scolla, Rapper Big Pooh and Freeway and produced by Royal Flush and Marc Real. The song has a sing-along style hook that bridges the gap between each respective artist rapping in quick summation about their specific journeys in rap music and life, with the Philly Freezer arguably stealing the show. (Feel free to disagree in the comments below.) The beat has a very familiar sample as its backbone and breathes enough to let the artists simply do their thing. Stankonia Sessions: A3C Edition will be released tomorrow, November 16.
Written by JC Poppe on 11/15/11
Submit your Rating
Fab 5 ENT/USR
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was With You" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.