When Young Scolla goes out in the evening, he doesn’t just have a good time; no, the Motown native prefers to go all-out and Terrorize the night. Why? Beats me – maybe he thinks scaring away the darkness will help squeeze a few more hours of sunlight out of the short winter days. In any case, leak numero dos off the freestyle alum‘s forthcoming street album with SMKA is an ideal soundtrack for a wide variety of nocturnal activities. Over the 808 Experiment crew’s simmering synths and bell arpeggios, Scolla documents the activities of a typical evening ‘round his way. Rolling through the city streets in his ride, he keeps an eye out for females who might be interested in hopping in beside him. When he finds a suitable target, he shifts into game-spitting mode, promising her that they’ll spend the night in V.I.P. style. He even incorporates a few subliminal references for the hip-hop heads: “Smooth type of dude, I’m on my Slum Village sh*t / Wylin ‘cause my dough-nuts, I am so Dilla-gent.” Young Scolla Meets SMKA is set to drop March 12. In the meantime, you can still become a part of rap history by donating to the project’s Kickstart page!
Written by richard on 02/10/11
Submit your Rating
Fab 5 ENT/USR
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was With You" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.