Young Scolla seems to be in damn fine spirits these days; the Motown buzzmaker’s last solo feature, Wonderful, was an ode to positivity in the face of adversity, and his recent guest verse on Aleon Craft‘s Brand New Day found him more grateful than ever for his successes. On this new, unreleased track, the erudite emcee continues in this uplifting vein, explaining that he’s too busy enjoying himself to pay any attention to doubters who Stare his way. Over the breezy Chipmunk-soul production of Xtraordinary Gentlemen beatsmith Tecknowledgy, the emcee brushes the haters off in style, putting out enough positive vibes to make even the most jaded listeners feel warm and fuzzy. Wait, did I say “positive vibes? ” Because I meant “urine:” “You would swear that I peed in the pool / I’m just warmin’ up what seems to be cool.” It’s O.K, man, we all do it from time to time – I mean, I don’t, but I know people who do… uh, anyway. If this outtake is any indication of what we’ll hear on Tears & Triumphs, fans should be very excited; keep it locked for further details on the forthcoming project!
Listen to More: Young Scolla Written by richard
Fab 5 ENT/USR
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was With You" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.