Young Scolla seems to be in damn fine spirits these days; the Motown buzzmaker’s last solo feature, Wonderful, was an ode to positivity in the face of adversity, and his recent guest verse on Aleon Craft‘s Brand New Day found him more grateful than ever for his successes. On this new, unreleased track, the erudite emcee continues in this uplifting vein, explaining that he’s too busy enjoying himself to pay any attention to doubters who Stare his way. Over the breezy Chipmunk-soul production of Xtraordinary Gentlemen beatsmith Tecknowledgy, the emcee brushes the haters off in style, putting out enough positive vibes to make even the most jaded listeners feel warm and fuzzy. Wait, did I say “positive vibes? ” Because I meant “urine:” “You would swear that I peed in the pool / I’m just warmin’ up what seems to be cool.” It’s O.K, man, we all do it from time to time – I mean, I don’t, but I know people who do… uh, anyway. If this outtake is any indication of what we’ll hear on Tears & Triumphs, fans should be very excited; keep it locked for further details on the forthcoming project!
Written by richard on 08/5/10
Submit your Rating
Fab 5 ENT/USR
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was With You" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.