Young Scolla seems to be in damn fine spirits these days; the Motown buzzmaker’s last solo feature, Wonderful, was an ode to positivity in the face of adversity, and his recent guest verse on Aleon Craft‘s Brand New Day found him more grateful than ever for his successes. On this new, unreleased track, the erudite emcee continues in this uplifting vein, explaining that he’s too busy enjoying himself to pay any attention to doubters who Stare his way. Over the breezy Chipmunk-soul production of Xtraordinary Gentlemen beatsmith Tecknowledgy, the emcee brushes the haters off in style, putting out enough positive vibes to make even the most jaded listeners feel warm and fuzzy. Wait, did I say “positive vibes? ” Because I meant “urine:” “You would swear that I peed in the pool / I’m just warmin’ up what seems to be cool.” It’s O.K, man, we all do it from time to time – I mean, I don’t, but I know people who do… uh, anyway. If this outtake is any indication of what we’ll hear on Tears & Triumphs, fans should be very excited; keep it locked for further details on the forthcoming project!
Listen to More: Young Scolla
Written by richard on 08/5/10
Fab 5 ENT/USR
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was With You" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.