While 4/20 should be renamed to “every rapper who smokes weed drops a track day,” certain songs standout more than others, and Young Scolla’s Round and Round is the perfect example. Produced by The Xtraordinary Gentlemen, the track has a mellowed out groove to it with a nice chopped up sample that will leave any weed smoker bobbing their heads as they’re rolling their papers. On the mic Scolla explains why he’s ready to pass that joint round and round, going even further as he breaks down the history of the drug and why he can’t get his brain off of Mary Jane. Although the record holds special significance when the calendar reads April 30, this is one of the songs that can be played tomorrow, next week and even months from now. While some people who do not partake in smoking won’t have a chance to fully enjoy the song, you cannot deny that smooth instrumentals and flow that make you want to kick back and relax. Keep it locked for the latest from Young Scolla, including release details on his forthcoming collaborative album with SMKA!
Written by richard on 04/21/11
Submit your Rating
Fab 5 ENT/USR
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was With You" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- How a Music Video Is Made: A Mock Treatment With Rapsody
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.