Failing to acknowledge that Detroit has some of the most talented artists in the United States is like failing to breathe. Largely known for giving us influential legends like Jay Dee and Eminem, Detroit also has a talented crop of new emcees. Big Sean just moved a couple hundred thousand units of his debut and a new school artist hoping to follow that same path to success is Young Scolla, who digitally released his new album, Young Scolla Meets SMKA: Seconds Away, today. One of the standout tracks from the project is the 7King (of SMKA) produced Reflection, which layers dope keyboard work and Blueprint 2-era Just Blaze drum break downs – and even some tasty guitar licks – to set a foundation for sincere and honest lyrics by Scolla. Speaking directly to listeners, Scolla talks of opening up his mind and heart to those who are interested, and that’s exactly what he does throughout Seconds Away, available now.
Written by JC Poppe on 08/30/11
Submit your Rating
Fab 5 ENT/USR
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was With You" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.