A potluck is a gathering of people where each person or group of people contributes a dish of food to be shared among the group. While I can’t take credit for that definition (thanks Bing), the word itself can be easily applied to Young Scolla’s new Gimme a Sign. This figurative melting pot of creativity finds Scolla and his collaborators, Boaz and S.Money, giving a clear indication of their talents as they lace an eclectic beat (co-produced by the headliner and Big Soji) with rhymes centered around the more somber parts of everyday life: “I know that loss is just another learned lesson, that’s why I need a sign to know that I’ve made progression.” If this satisfied your musical appetite, be sure to check out the Benzi-hosted and DJBooth/Refined Hype/Rocksmith-sponsored Potluck mixtape, dropping May 21st.
Written by Sigurd on 04/13/10
Fab 5 ENT/USR
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was With You" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)