In a world where everyone’s constantly chasing their hopes and dreams, reality is a constant obstacle. We’re all not blessed enough to travel down an easy road, but thankfully fast riser Young Scolla continues to create music like his new record For Mama, making its world premiere on the Booth, that make those harsh roads feel painless. Over some sultry, piano-laced DJ Corbett production, Scolla and newcomer Big Soj dedicate this one to the women who helped smooth their paths through life (and probably their pillow cases.) On the mic Scolla is especially impressive as the Detroit native melts this beat into a box of chocolates for his beloved Momma. Mix that with an uplifting chorus and a solid contribution from Soj and I think you say that Scolla has done it again. Like previous offerings Apart and Stare, this one won’t be on his highly anticipated upcoming album Tears & Triumphs, but keep it locked to the Booth for the premiere of the first single to actually make the cut (finally!). Oh, and I love you Mama. Thank you for everything.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 09/15/10
Submit your Rating
Fab 5 ENT/USR
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was With You" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)