During the last four years most of the hit makers in Hip Hop have come from the city of Atlanta (if we were to list them all, it would take up half this blurb). The newest hopeful is recent Universal Republic signee, Yong Ralph, who uses his new single to announce that he Look Like Money. Now, before you extremist Northerners automatically give Ralph a ‘1,’ take a closer listen to Ralph’s creative lyrics (can’t piss what I drink, can’t sh*t what I eat) and Andre Howard‘s keyboard-heavy beat. You might realize that Yung Ralph is not your ordinary Dirty South artist. Looking for more proof? His debut album, Most Unexpected, will be released on February 26th.
Written by Burmy on 10/30/07
Submit your Rating
/MoneyMaker/Big Cat/Tommy Boy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Work Hard" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.