Giving up security and stability to pursue one’s dreams always involves a leap of faith – especially in our current economic climate, and especially especially if you’re hoping to succeed in today’s struggling music industry. As the up-and-coming emcee explains on his latest single (and Booth debut as a headliner), Young Lyxx is well aware of the difficulties that lie ahead, but knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that he’s got what it takes to rise above the obstacles and Make It in the rap game. Over the head-bobbing string-drenched ‘70s-funk boardwork of 808 Experiment production team SMKA, the California native goes a long way toward proving it to the rest of the world, showcasing his mic prowess as he gives us the full rundown of his triumphs to date, and explains just how far he hopes to climb in the future. Will this hopeful’s formidable skills propel him all the way to the number-one spot? Never say never – but I’ll leave the speculation to you. Those interested in getting to know Young Lyxx a little better can find more on his just-released Rosaries on My Dresser mixtape, available now online.
Written by richard on 06/6/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.