Giving up security and stability to pursue one’s dreams always involves a leap of faith – especially in our current economic climate, and especially especially if you’re hoping to succeed in today’s struggling music industry. As the up-and-coming emcee explains on his latest single (and Booth debut as a headliner), Young Lyxx is well aware of the difficulties that lie ahead, but knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that he’s got what it takes to rise above the obstacles and Make It in the rap game. Over the head-bobbing string-drenched ‘70s-funk boardwork of 808 Experiment production team SMKA, the California native goes a long way toward proving it to the rest of the world, showcasing his mic prowess as he gives us the full rundown of his triumphs to date, and explains just how far he hopes to climb in the future. Will this hopeful’s formidable skills propel him all the way to the number-one spot? Never say never – but I’ll leave the speculation to you. Those interested in getting to know Young Lyxx a little better can find more on his just-released Rosaries on My Dresser mixtape, available now online.
Written by richard on 06/6/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.