Some recording artists struggle mightily with the demands of their itinerant lifestyle, longing for the stability of a steady job and a family at home. Young Lyxx is not one of them. On his latest mixtape leak, the ATL-based, San Diego-bred emcee luxuriates in the constant jet-setting that characterizes his grind, spitting “I feel like I’m at Home.” Insta-mental mans the boards, serving up an fittingly glossy, jazz flute-laced backdrop to back Lyxx’ laid-back stunting and philosophical musings: “There’s three things to blow in life: that’s me, money and herb..” Assisting on the guest tip, Booth newcomer Dee Goodz proves that swag and erudition are in no way mutually exclusive on the middle (”Any form of swagger on the beat I done displayed it / So why do only dumb sh*t? Man I keep it educated.”), and reader fave Aleon Craft enjoys a few simple pleasures on the back: “She in bed, just panties and some white wine, she got my kush rolled like slow beats goin’ rubbin’ on my beard, lookin weird while I write rhymes.” Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked for all the latest on Lyxx’ Happy to Be Here LP, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 09/12/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.