Young Life is out to prove that he doesn’t need the star power of artists like Rick Ross and Lil Wayne in order to earn some shine. Since he struck gold with DJBooth-charted #1 banger I’m A Boss, the California rapper looks to dig deeper with his new mixtape track, My Life. Off of the Hard Knock Life: The Black & White Print Edition mixtape, Life puts Compton on his back with a little help from Auto-Tune. If you can overlook the fact he isn’t T-Pain, the young (no pun intended) emcee exhibits a unique blend of Southern swag, New York confidence, and the West Side smoothness he needs to differentiate himself from Cali’s surplus of indistinguishable rappers. Produced by MG, My Life showcases Life’s inner Nino Brown – but with an abundance of charisma.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/12/08
Submit your Rating
Far West Ent/Bungalo/Universal
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm a Boss ft. Lil' Wayne & Paul Wall" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.