Young Life is out to prove that he doesn’t need the star power of artists like Rick Ross and Lil Wayne in order to earn some shine. Since he struck gold with DJBooth-charted #1 banger I’m A Boss, the California rapper looks to dig deeper with his new mixtape track, My Life. Off of the Hard Knock Life: The Black & White Print Edition mixtape, Life puts Compton on his back with a little help from Auto-Tune. If you can overlook the fact he isn’t T-Pain, the young (no pun intended) emcee exhibits a unique blend of Southern swag, New York confidence, and the West Side smoothness he needs to differentiate himself from Cali’s surplus of indistinguishable rappers. Produced by MG, My Life showcases Life’s inner Nino Brown – but with an abundance of charisma.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/12/08
Submit your Rating
Far West Ent/Bungalo/Universal
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm a Boss ft. Lil' Wayne & Paul Wall" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.