Just like the legendary Jay-Z, Compton-born Young Life doesn’t write down his rhymes. Surrounded by gang violence throughout his upbringing, the gifted 19-year-old knows exactly what he wants to say and how he will continue to say it. Signed to Bungalo Records (with distribution through Universal), and aligned with The Game’s Black Wall Street, the almost legal emcee recently hooked up with Lil’ Wayne and Paul Wall for his biggest record to date. On the MG-produced I’m A Boss, all three emcees jockey for top position, each getting ample time to shine. Next to both industry big dogs, the former of which took home BET’s “Lyricist of the Year” award last night, Life manages to make his presence known. I’m A Boss can be found on the forthcoming mixtape, Hard Knock Life: The Black & White Print Edition.
Written by DJ Z on 10/23/08
Submit your Rating
Far West Ent/Bungalo/Universal
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.