Just like the legendary Jay-Z, Compton-born Young Life doesn’t write down his rhymes. Surrounded by gang violence throughout his upbringing, the gifted 19-year-old knows exactly what he wants to say and how he will continue to say it. Signed to Bungalo Records (with distribution through Universal), and aligned with The Game’s Black Wall Street, the almost legal emcee recently hooked up with Lil’ Wayne and Paul Wall for his biggest record to date. On the MG-produced I’m A Boss, all three emcees jockey for top position, each getting ample time to shine. Next to both industry big dogs, the former of which took home BET’s “Lyricist of the Year” award last night, Life manages to make his presence known. I’m A Boss can be found on the forthcoming mixtape, Hard Knock Life: The Black & White Print Edition.
Written by DJ Z on 10/23/08
Submit your Rating
Far West Ent/Bungalo/Universal
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)