Out of all the possible phobias (heights, spiders, clowns), a fear of currency would have to be the worst, unless by Scared Money Young Jeezy means “don’t be scared of committing crimes to get money,” in which case a healthy fear might just be a good thing. Criminal pursuits aside, Jeezy’s back on the block with his new street single Scared Money, a track that only took me ten seconds to decide is much better than his DJBooth un-approved last offering Trap or Die 2. First, Boi-1da delivers a synth-soaked banger of a beat worthy of Jeezy’s always raspy rhymes, which he delivers here with his trademark intensely-relaxed style. Second, while Weezy’s guest verse is hit or miss, I’ll give to him for the hilarious Bonecrusher reference. All that adds up to a track that falls well short of classic status, but still has me much more excited about Jeezy’s upcoming album Thug Motivations 103, which still has no release date. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest updates.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.